Who Will Be The “Aluminum Chef”?
This year we’re introducing a new “Aluminum Chef” competition, and you are invited! Your challenge is to use the five ingredients listed below to make a delicious dish, which you will present to our Chef Judges during Alumafandango in Denver. All of the creations will be tasted and reviewed, and the best will be selected for a second challenge during the event, which we call the “Aluminum Chef Shootout.” All five participants in the Shootout will get an award, and the Top Aluminum Chef will get a special prize!
Do you think you can master the challenge? Then assemble these ingredients and bring them to Alumafandango, along with a copy of your recipe.
- chocolate – any form
- red or green chili – fresh, canned, dried or powdered
- lime – must use juice, peel is optional
- coconut – fresh, canned, dried, cream
- banana – fresh
The Rules are simple:
- All five ingredients must be used in one finished edible product
- All five ingredients must be discernible
- Number of other ingredients is not limited
- Recipe being presented for judging must be prepared on site on THURSDAY, August 23.
Recipes will be judged on presentation, creativity, and flavor. Decision of the Chef Judges on any matter is final.
If you are selected for the Aluminum Chef Shootout, you’ll be handed five new ingredients on Thursday to prepare in your Airstream by Saturday. You won’t know those five ingredients until we give them to you. Be ready to get creative! Final judging and awarding of the Aluminum Chef prizes will be on Saturday.
Do you have what it takes to become an Aluminum Chef? Give it a try!